F1 News, Views and Reviews

Loeb Would Consider Permanent F1 Move In 2010

Sebastian Loeb has admitted he would seriously consider any forthcoming offer from an F1 team for a permanent move to F1 in 2010, alongside some testing in 2009.

The Frenchman, who has had 2 outings in F1 machinery with Renault and Red Bull Racing, the latter in a proper F1 test session where he impressed with good pace, has just clinched his 5th World Rally Championship title.

“The team bosses think I am too old, but mentally I am not: age would not be an obstacle for me,” the 34-year-old told the French newspaper Liberation.

Loeb said: “With a testing programme in 2009, I would go to the Formula One grid in 2010.”

Loeb has a contract with Citroen to race in the WRC for 2009, but after that the decision is his.  It is likely he will leave WRC as he is disolussioned with future plans to change rules, and also changes to the cars.


Advertisements

One response

  1. Surely not. He will be pushing 36 years old! I would love to see him give a go but he would just be there to fill up the space. I mean sure Coulthard was 37 when he retired but he had been in F1 for a very long time and certainly wasn’t just starting.

    robin
    http://www.f1driverssecrets.com

    December 11, 2008 at 2:01 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s