Liuzzi Laughs Off Di Resta Seat Link
Vitantonio Liuzzi has laughed off rumours linking Force India test driver Paul di Resta taking his race seat with the Silverstone based team.
Liuzzi tested for Force India before gaining a permanent race seat for this season, spending time waiting in the wings following time with Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso.
Results for the highly rated Italian have been up and down, and often not as good as his team mate. This sparked rumours that Di Resta could take his seat, the DTM ace performing well in Friday tests. However Liuzzi had a great race in Monaco and says he is not concerned at losing his seat.
“I am not worried about these rumours; speculation is always at the door and all over the papers,” he said in his exclusive column with ESPNF1. “I have a contract for two years with Force India and they believe in me and I believe in them, so our relationship is very good. They know exactly the problems I was having in China and Spain and they know that it was not due to anything else.
“Also I scored points at the first two races and again in Monaco, so they can see that I’m very much fighting for the team to meet its targets. It really doesn’t worry me that this sort of stuff is printed and it’s quite normal that you get this kind of speculation when you are competing at the highest level.”
Force India’s chief operating officer Otmar Szafnauer said last week: “We still support Tonio fully. t was never the plan to race Paul this year.”